What is Accelerated Learning?
Accelerated Learning is making sure you have the chance to master this year’s work and be prepared for what comes next, whether it’s the next grade or the next phase after graduation.
- Teachers will focus on new learning and new work for this year, while making connections in each lesson to any learning you may have missed last year.
- At the start of the school year, teachers will identify what you need to finish learning from last school year and teach it within the new work of the current grade
- Teachers will personalize instruction for you by building that knowledge you need to engage in this year’s work.
– English Language Arts (ELA) example – In our newly adopted ELA curriculum, artwork is used to help you connect your experiences with the background you need for reading and responding to a text.
– Math example – In our newly adopted Math curriculum, digital “hands-on” tools and step-by-step video tutorials are provided.
– All subjects will have built-in supports to help you do your job: learning and growing both socially and academically
Request a Teacher Call Back
CPS teachers will be holding office hours each week to connect with students and parents – answering questions and offering feedback about academic content. Please make sure to check PowerSchool to ensure that CPS has your family’s correct phone number and email address. To request a call back from your child’s teacher, complete this form.