Digital High School Lessons
Visit the links below for student lessons.
- MyPerspectives — Creates a teacher-led, student-centered classroom. The readings get students excited to read and respond through conversations and writing. The teacher models concepts for the class, then students collaborate in smaller groups on specific tasks and readings. Next, students complete independent work with new readings then come back to share their learning. This approach supports and challenges students to become collaborative and self-directed learners who still feel supported and challenged by their teacher
- ThinkCERCA — A web-based program for personalizing literacy instruction for students. Students experience the full range of the writing process, including Students read, write, and think critically through the guided process of “CERCA:” Claim, Evidence, Reasoning, Counterclaim, and Audience. Studies show that students working through this process can achieve an average of two years of growth in a single school year.
- FAQs about myPerspective and ThinkCERCA
- Eurkea Math
- Khan Academy
- Grades 6-12 Math Curriculum Support
- 7 Algebra II students can access Savvas/Envision through their Clever account by clicking on the Savvas Easy Bridge icon
- Probability & Stats, PreCalculus & Calculus students can access MATHXL through their Clever account by clicking on the MATHXL icon
- Discovery Education TechBook
Username: CPS+Novell login
Password: 8 digit birthday 00/00/0000
Tips for Families
An important way to maintain a sense of routine is to keep consistent schedules for sleeping and schoolwork. These sample schedules can be personalized for what works best for your family.
- Set up a special place for your child to do schoolwork each day.
- Discuss with your child your expectations for learning and limit distractions.
- For example, limit TV or certain phone apps during the school day.
- Plan ways in which your child can exercise and get physical activity during larger learning blocks.
- Be creative and schedule a special activity day.
- For example, have your child design an amusement park or art gallery on a table.
Weekly Tips from CPS on YouTube
Hear from Dr. Bunger, Director of Positive School Culture and Safety for Cincinnati Public Schools, weekly as she provides tips on how to navigate distance learning.
Talking to Kids about Stressful Situations
Joining Forces for Children provides tips on how to help your kids through this difficult time.
Tips for Teens: How to Manage Stress
Joining Forces for Children provides tips on how to help teens handle stress.
Additional Social-Emotional Enrichment Resources
Visit our Social-Emotional Enrichment Resources page for more helpful tips and activities.
Physical Education Resources
CPS YouTube Playlist
Join CPS PE staff as they walk students through workouts to do at home.
Mission 2 Move Live
Mission 2 Move is live on its Facebook page at 2 p.m. every Tuesday, Wedneday and Thursday. The goal is to help children feel better emotionally and physically through the mindfulness and movement activities they enjoy on regular school days.
Mission 2 Move Videos on Demand
Mission 2 Move's video library and resources page has deas on how to move with your child.
Amazon Alexa Skill
Alexa-connected devices can enable the M2M skills. It's free and offers different movement and mindfulness activities.
Request a Teacher Call Back
CPS teachers will be holding office hours each week to connect with students and parents – answering questions and offering feedback about academic content. Please make sure to check PowerSchool to ensure that CPS has your family’s correct phone number and email address. To request a call back from your child’s teacher, complete this form.