CPS Outside, a collaborative of over 40 outdoor and environmental education partners, is working closely with CPS to provide opportunities for ALL students to expand their classrooms into the outdoors, both on school campuses and in your neighborhoods.
- Working with teachers and administrators to identify spaces where learning can occur outdoors
- Providing after-school and school-break programming
- Encouraging students and families to explore their neighborhoods
- Finding opportunities for children to get outside and move around
- Your family can jump right into supporting students’ outdoor education by
Walking to a park or green space for a nature scavenger hunt
Planning a weekly meetup (socially distanced) for an outdoor game
Participate in a daily dose of nature challenge
Plan craft time that blends art with science using items found outdoors
Spend a rainy day indoors making your own fossils
More great active, engaging activities to continue learning outdoors
Request a Teacher Call Back
CPS teachers will be holding office hours each week to connect with students and parents – answering questions and offering feedback about academic content. Please make sure to check PowerSchool to ensure that CPS has your family’s correct phone number and email address. To request a call back from your child’s teacher, complete this form.